Montag, 6. Februar 2017

Dal with brussel sprouts and sweet potato


Dear all, today I have decided that from now I am going to post my meals the way I make them...without recipe. This means that I am no longer going to try come up with measurements when I am posting something although I never used any..or better: there are none!
For me cooking is about being creative, see what I can add to improve the taste or end up with new flavors. I have never liked sticking to recipes when in the end I never really buy stuff specifically for a dish. I ususally just look what there is and ..boom..new dish invented!

I am also a fan of having a mix of protein, carbohydrates and fats with plenty of veggies on my plate...So I will include or try to include all of them in most of my lists of ingredients.

So I am going to start with this flavourful wintery indian inspired dal dish that I made the other day when I wanted something hot to eat really quickly. It's full of flavor and the creamy sauce out of lentils and peanut butter goes beautifully with the sweetness from the potatoes and the sprout flavor.

What I used ...


  • red lentils 
  • sweet potato
  • onion
  • garlic
  • brussel sprouts
  • soy milk
  • peanut butter
  • curry spice mix
  • curcuma
  • salt 
  • pepper
  • chilis


I hope I inspired some people to give this a try. You won't be disappointed, I promise!
Just let your emotions and creativity rather than a book guide you while you are cooking! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen